Sunday, December 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

I've always said that we live in a "drive-thru" world. We want what we want when we want it and that is usually right NOW. No patience for anyone or anything. Think about how irritating it is when you are in the express line at the grocery store and the elderly woman in front of you is writing a check or someone has more than their 15 items. I have learned (and it has taken me a long time) to slow down. Take a deep breath and try not to be so rushed all the time. This was part of the message in church this morning and it couldn't have been more fitting.

Nick (my fiance) and I try to make sure we spend quality time together as often as we can but we haven't escaped the hardships of this economy and going to dinner and a movie just isn't always feasible, especially when it will set us back $100. More often than not, we find ourselves renting a dollar movie and snuggling at home. Our favorite thing to do is to get in the car and drive. We live in an area with a lot of spectacular homes and it takes us away from our reality and lets us dream of a "fancier" future. We talk and laugh and sing and discuss and dream. Since gas prices are lower we get to do this more and it's something I look forward to. He is good company and I am blessed to have someone by my side who thinks I'm hysterical and is pretty darn comical himself.

So in saying all of this, I hope that you too will take time to slow it down a bit and enjoy the company of those you love. I hope you take time to enjoy doing the things you love to do, whatever that may be.

Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow, a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day~Sanskrit Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment