Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Green beans=YUMMY!

There are holiday dishes in my family that you just don't do without, but I am trying to introduce NEW dishes to see if I can make some NEW traditions. I love green beans and anything I can throw in the crock pot at anytime is a big seller for me but especially during holiday cooking. The less on the stove and in the oven, the better. It just gets too chaotic. So here we go:

Place 4-5 strips of bacon on a microwave safe dish and cook on high for aprx 6 min.
Open and drain 4 cans of Green Giant Green Beans (regular cut or french cut, depending on your preference), dump them into the crock pot
Add 1/2 cup chicken stock to the crock pot along with 2 tablespoons of butter
Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
Add 4-5 bacon (cooked and finely chopped or crumbled)
Add 1/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
Set it on low and let it cook away for about 2 hours
It is delicious!! The measurements may be a little rough as I never measure. Feel free to add whatever you like to make it your own.

1 comment: