Friday, December 16, 2011

He has my heart!

Watching Anderson Cooper today and it's all about saving money!!! AND he has a guest on his show that's an extreme couponer! I don't consider myself "extreme" but I am definitely a couponer. I just started cutting coupons and paying attention to ads about 90 days ago. On average, I have saved 52% on my shopping trips. Specifically on my last trip, I had $30 in paper coupons alone.

I have never spent more than an hour cutting coupons and realize if I dedicate more time it will equate to more savings. After all, time is money....and in this case, it's money that stays in my pocket! People tend to get overwhelmed when you talk about coupons, so here is my challenge to you: Start with ONE item. Pick a product such as laundry soap, search for coupons for this item and use them on your next shopping trip. Don't forget to check your local grocer ads to see what is on sale and match them up with the coupons you've found. This way you get the hang of it and know what to look for without getting overwhelmed. Once you save your first dollar, you will never go back!

A few sites mentioned on Anderson:
Hotcouponworld.com
Coupons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment